Sunday 16 January 2011

Year of the rabbit

As this year is the year of the rabbit I thought maybe I should make one!! My friend had bought a kit to make a little blue furry one so I cheekily scanned the pattern and enlarged it. Rabbits remind me of spring so I decided to make her out of some lovely vintage laura ashley fabric..


I gave her a little pink bow..
 and a pink flower for her tail..
I haven't given her eyes or stitched her nose as I think she looks lovely as she is but what do you think??

A few days ago I mentioned that I'd finished my patchwork cushion but hadn't taken photos. Well I finally remembered so here it is.

 It's log cabin pattern which I did on the machine but then hand stiched round each piece to attach the wadding and backing.
It's the first time I've tried logcabin and was surprised at how easy it was, of course now I've made the pin cushions as well but you've already seen them.

Am going to try and make a bracelet with buttons today, I have been inspired by Jenevieve who has made a really cute necklace, go and have a look..

Enjoy your sunday

---x---

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh she is a pretty bunny, love the vintage LA fabric! Very taken with the patchwork cushion, I wish I had the patience to do something like that! x

Anonymous said...

Wow you are clever, love the rabbit and the cushion!!!
Good luck with the bracelet.
Em xxxxxxxx

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Fantastic rabbit - will you make more for your stall? Lovely vintage fabric too. Wish I had the patience for patchwork :0) xx

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

The bunnys gorgeous and I love the fabric. Your cushions fab too. Everything you make is such fab quality x

Unknown said...

The rabbit is very sweet! Love the cushion too! :-) x

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing your bracelet too! :-) x

Dazie said...

Ooooo lots of gorgeousness! I adore the rabbit I can see them being popular at Easter!

Your cushion is gorgeous love the colours you have picked they work so well!

Hope all is good with you!
Dazie
x