Wednesday 1 February 2012

Goals for Febuary

Remember at the begining of Jan I set myself 3 goals for the month
1. Thrifty makes - for the month of January I will not buy any craft materials but make using the material I already have (which is alot lol).
Okay so I didn't quite manage this, first there was the rice incident craft or food although someone did suggest that it was in fact medical!! Next Jackie was having Craftroom clearout something I should maybe consider myself! Oh then I needed a couple of zips but as my local craft shop charges anything upwards of 79p for one zip I had a look on ebay and bingo 100 zips 4-10 inches for £3.50 + £2.99 p+p so only 6.5p each bargain


Okay so there have been a few other little items,  alright more than a few so I have totally failed on this one this month. Lets forget this and go onto the next...

2. For the month of January I will make something every other day (every day would be pushing it!)
I have made loads this month, this was my first kindle case and I'm now working on different ones for my upcoming fair.

I seem to be permanently making crochet hook cases at the moment these all sold when I took then along to my crochet class so I made another six and have already sold half of those as well!!

My Crochet bag that I made from the handles Annie sent me (might have to think of another use for bags as crochet is definately not me)

The dinky little ouch pouches I made for fair filled with medicinal rice!!

As well as these I've made 9 more teacup pincushions, a couple of dozen keyrings, some larger rice bags, and I've been beading although not managed to finish anything yet.
So I think on that one I passed!!
Onto the last one
3. For the month of January I will post on my blog at least 3 times a week (would love to say every day but lets not set unreasonable goals!).
All was going well with this until last week when I was totally overwhelmed by the run up and day of the funeral. Apart from that I managed 12 posts in a month so what do you say did I pass?

So for Febuary I am going to try to use the same or similar goals.
1. Thrifty makes - for the month of Febuary I will not spend any money on craft materials but make using the material I already have. However if I have money in my paypal account from items I have sold I can use this to buy supplies!(no that's not a cop out!!) 
2. For the month of Febuary I will craft for a couple of hours at least 5 days a week 
3. For the month of Febuary I will post on my blog at least 3 times a week , 14 times for the whole month? (doing well cos this is number two already haha)
4. Okay and if I can achieve all of those next month I'll set some different ones.

Now off to my craftroom to finish more keyrings.
Will post photos of new stuff soon.
Nope Daisy says we're off to the beach for her walk?







 













3 comments:

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

I love your crochet hook cases. I might have a go at making one for myself as I am always loosing them! xx

Dazie said...

Your makes are stunning and you made way way more than me I seem to be stuck in a rut at the mo lacking in serious inspiration! I have however been teaching myself to crochet and I actually think I am getting it, yipeeeee!!!!

Have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing all the makes as well as reading your posts.

Dazie
x

Candylei said...

Daisy you are so cute!! I have lots of projects to finish too!