Saturday 26 March 2011

So sew

And I'm back sewing!!!
Finally after months of not acheiving much I have spent the last couple of days sewing. I made a cross body bag a couple of months ago and was so pleased with it decided to make half a dozen for etsy/ up coming craft fairs. I cut out the bags but when I'd made the original one decided that it would be better if they had adjustable straps. Well found some beautiful nickel sliders and buckles on etsy..

The only problem was they came from china and the first lot got "lost in the post" so it took 7 weeks in the end for them to arrive, by which time I'd lost the incentive..
But I have now completed 3 more bags (okay I still need to sew on vintage buttons but apart from that they're done!!) and they look gorgeous. So maybe it was worth the wait.
And that's not all I've also made up 3 lovely cushion cover and a little zip purse made from scraps.
Unfortunately I haven't taken photos as my camera has a flat battery but will do first thing tomorrow, well after the grand prix!!

Daisy has been to the groomers this week for her first proper cut of the year, and is looking all lovely and clean, not that it'll last long.
She has taken to lying on top of the cushions along the back of the sofa, I'm not sure what she'll do when the new sofa arrives next week..

Anyway G has just got home from work so better go and make him a cuppa and put the dinner on..
Have a nice weekend

---x---

4 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oooh, looking forward to seeing your makes. Have a lovely evening. xx

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing your makes! The buckles look lovely, shame they took so long to get here though! :) x

Kerry said...

Ooooh, I love having a nosey at other people's projects :)
I've just had a baby so not done much crafty stuff for a while....when I get the urge though I usually go mad and make millions of things!
Can't wait to see some photos xxx

Unknown said...

Daisy is just like my lot!