Monday 4 February 2013

What goes around...

When my marriage ended 20yrs ago I was very aware of how it affected me and my children but it never really occured to me that it would affect anyone else within my family.
Last night I received a distressing phone call from my son who is now 29 and married with a son of his own, when he got in from work yesterday his wife walked out and left him and took their son. I'm hoping that it's a storm in a teacup and that when she sleeps on it she'll change her mind but I have now spent a sleepless night worrying about him, it's hard when your over 300miles away but my case is packed and I'll be on the first train down this morning to provide mummy's shoulder to cry on and maybe a few words of advice?
Must also remember to apologise and say thank you to my parents for what I must have put them through all those years ago.

5 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Oh Pene what an awful thing to happen - am going through the same here as my O/H moved out last weekend. My parents have been amazing.

Vicki xxx

Tracy said...

Oh pene I hope that everything works out x

Dawn said...

How upsetting, I hope things work out for him. x

Kimberley said...

Thinking of you x

Kandi said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. It's not until we have kids that we can look back and see these things that our parents must have felt. I hope it's just a blip, fingers crossed xxxx